Sunday, December 9, 2007

Random thoughts from Bibi

We are only one and a half hours away from meeting Shu Ping. Thought I would jot down a few random thoughts Bibi has shared since last night. She told me these things while in the dark, holding hands in bed, at 5:00 a.m.

"I miss Bobby, mommy"
" Mommy, is Shu Ping cold?"........... "Yes or no?"
" Mommy, dont let Momma Aya take me back to the orphanage"
"I liked the puppy, but why was the boy kicking him?" " You told on him, right mommy?"
"Why didn't you and Daddy come when I was a baby?" "Why you don't do that?"
and the one that got me the most.............
"I my children at Changsha are the island of misfits , because Santa does not like them." " We have to tell Santa they are good except Hu Lou..........he bites me".
"Lets write Bobby a letter today, Mommy"

2 comments:

bullmizer said...

Donna,

I am thankful to be able to read about your family's journey. Thank you for taking time out to give us glimpses of your great adventure with Bibi and Shu Ping. I hadn't thought about the roller-coaster of emotions this trip would hold Bibi. Molly and I will pray for Bibi as she tries to handle all that is on her plate and also for peace and comfort for Shu Ping as her journey begins as a part of the Nichols family.

One question on a side note: How well does Steve's sense of humor translate with the locals?

Take care,
Jason N.

Matt and Jessica said...

I can just hear Bibi asking those things. Bobby smiled when I read to him that Bibi is missing him and that she wants to write him a letter. We had advent and a little horsdeovres party tonight. Bobby is asleep on the floor with the dog in his arms and matt and I are waiting up for your call!


A Christmas Past


Easter

Brothers