Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ping


we found out she is so skinny because she usually refuses foods and holds little interest in eating unless the nannies feed her. even then, they say she will tell them she is not hungry and they have to force her to eat anyway. The director and head nanny fed her when we ate with them. I will be getting a plan to increase her healthy intake so she can slowly adjust and gain weight. It is evident she eats like a 12 month old, as far as table manners. Her behavior usually amounts to slouching down in the chair, and then I pull her back up. Then she slouches again,, and I pull her back up. She holds utensils and usually just bangs them in the bowl or plays with the settings/table cloth. As far as cognition, fine motor and self help, she is ok and closer to age target. She performs tool use like scissors and pencils no problem, loves books and tells us all about the contents on each page. I think the feeding skills are just so backward because of no experience. She can glug down a drink in seconds flat and I think that's the way she has mostly survived.

I am still concerned about her lack of crying. She remains happy or quiet, but never a tear. It s a red flag that I am hoping will change soon.

Bibi is quiet the little mommy big sister. I catch myself referring to her as "Jessie" (our oldest daughter) frequently. We are so proud of her and she is a joy to watch as her role of baby of the family has swithced to "Jie Jie" (Big sister in Chinese). Going now, to see some sights locally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ni hao:Donna-I think that her not feeding herself may be a way for her to get more 1 on 1 attention from her nannies....I'm sure that is it the more I think about it.She may not truely understand that she will be leaving there and going away w/U till the ride home-then I kind of hope that she will cry-for now I'm sure that she is loving the attention and thinking that she may think that this is what they ment by her new family. Do U think that she thinks that this is where all of U will live? With the visits from the man. I just don't think that she understands the whole consept of it all.
Tonight we r watching the Survivor-In China and they showed the GREAT WALL OF CHINA-It makes me feel like w/that, and U'r blogs that I get to have a part of U'r trip w/U. I love the photos-Shye-shye 4 sharing
Love: Marla/Danny

Claudette Prather said...

Donna, I am lying in bed next to my little boy and reading and watching your family grow. I so appreciate you letting me be a part of this whole experience. What a precious girl..of course Bibi too. I can't wait to meet you for lunch in Danville after the first of the year. Stay safe and oh how i wish you could just pick an angel out and bring him or her home to me.
Love and prayers
Claudette


A Christmas Past


Easter

Brothers