Thursday, December 13, 2007

ChangNing orphanage visit














Our visit to ping's orphanage was a long, hard day. We traveled 4 hours each way and the ride was as crazy as Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. We sped along the highway sometimes at 90 miles per hour, often passing trucks and cars by going on the shoulder, while beeping to let the other driver know we were there. This is simply the way the drivers do things around here............don't worry dad, we are done riding around.

We had lunch with the director and then went to see the kids and nannies. The place was not as cold or depressing as Bibi's. Yet, it still is an orphanage and my eyes were open to several more harsh realities of life for these homeless children. I took several photos and have tried to post them for over an hour now, but to no avail. I am beat, so I will have to try again later. I will also tell more about our visit after I get some sleep. Good night from China. -Donna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI-I'm glad I got in-to do this!!! I love to read about u'r adventures. I guess the ride was a terror. I hope that Ping Ping did not think that her time w/u was coming to an end. If she did she may REALLY cry when u take off to come back to the states.
I continue to pray for u'r safty and bravery for little Ping Ping. I can almost feel her pain and hope that she will dispalay some emotion orther than what u have seen. Stay strong and safe!! I'm so proud of all 4 of u. Love; Aunt Marla

marileejt said...

Glad your trip to Ping's orphange went well. I'm sure it was tramatic. I'm proud of the strength and courage you show.
A little on the humerous side, the dogs are doing fine. Sunny is...well, Sunny. But Eli is a wonderful lap dog as Fran discovered. He got up with her on the couch. She LOVES him. (don't tell CAL about the couch!) He also gets up on my lap when I'm at the computer. Ends up sliding me in the chair, all around on the wood floor. Love you all,Marilee


A Christmas Past


Easter

Brothers