Monday, December 10, 2007

The end of our first day




Her eating is a little difficult, but we were able to get her to drink some apple juice. She is slowly warming up to us, but she is surely grieving. Its been a long day and we are overjoyed. At the same time, we are helping both girls work through some major trauma and adjustment. Shu Ping is so tiny, she does best in a highchair. To illustrate our "double issues", I will just say Bibi climbed into the high chair at dinner and had me feed her spoon by spoon. We played along, while Shu Ping sat in my lap and watched with amusement. We drew a lot of attention evident by a lot of staring from on lookers. :)

I have finally convinced her to get into nightclothes and shed the coat. I showed her that she can keep the coat and shoes in bed with us and she seems to think this is an ok thing to do. So, that all for tonight.

(Jess, Bibi kisses Shu Ping's head and face the way you used to do with Bobby. I miss you guys. Kiss Bobby good night for me. Love, mom)

2 comments:

Matt and Jessica said...

I love the picture of the girls in matching pjs ! Can't wait to hear more. I've showed the blog to everyone at work. Cindy really cried when she read the blog about Bibi's orphanage visit.

My Life:) said...

I feel like I'm there w/u all-Good job to ALL of U
LOVE all of the phots
Love;Marla


A Christmas Past


Easter

Brothers